Saturday, May 5, 2012

You a Smart Girl


My life has been more than a little crazy lately, so I am pretty sure that I am the last person in the world to start reading The Help.  I actually bought it back in December or January.  Everyone was so excited that the movie was coming out on DVD/Blu-Ray.  I didn't want to see the movie until I read the book.  I ended up seeing parts of it at my sister-in-law's house.  I never quite got the book started. It feels weird to read a book in paperback now that I own a Kindle.  What has the world come to that we are so digitized that we can't read old fashion books?  I just started the book, so I am only one hundred pages into it, but it feels like it is going fast since I've seen much of the movie.

I have decided that I am going to take a little inspiration from Aibileen.  I'm going to tell myself like Aibileen told Mae Mobley:

You a smart girl.
You a kind girl.

If I tell myself that every morning before I leave for work, then it has to be true, right? 

If that doesn't work, then I can always gain inspiration from Minny....

No comments: