Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Chivalry Is Not Dead



Jonathan and I went on a little date tonight.  He had great manners.  Jonathan ran ahead of me, so that he could open my car door.  He carried items to the car for me.  He saved us a seat at the restaurant.  We sat side by side while we ate.  He helped me carry the food that we were bringing home to Fred and Jess.  When we got home, he helped me in to the house.  We are talking serious chivalry.  It is like he is still celebrating Mother's Day!  I don't have the heart to tell him that it is over. 

Jonathan's manners were so great that I was thinking that his daddy could pick up a few pointers. I even mentioned it to Fred tonight. Oddly enough Fred didn't think it would be helpful. Not only did he not think it would be helpful, but he said something about me taking both my lips and planting them on both of his cheeks. For some reason, I don't think he was talking about the cheeks on his face.

Jonathan is such a wonderful boy, and I just want to keep enjoying his sweet acts of kindness.  I am so blessed to have such a great son. 

No comments: