Monday, May 7, 2012

Super Moon

Saturday night, Fred and Jessica went on a late night date to see The Avengers.  Fred has some kind of aversion to seeing early movies.  He likes to see them after 10:00 p.m., if possible - after the teenagers clear out of the movie theater.

This left Jonathan and I all alone.  Jonathan had returned from a fun camping trip with the Scouts, so he would usually go to bed early.  However, I decided to let him stay up to watch the super moon.  We sat outside at 10:25 p.m.  We looked at the moon at 9:30 and then again and 10:25.  It looked the same to us.  The optimum viewing time was 10:35.  We went inside ten minutes early, so I hope something stupendous didn't happen in the course of 10 minutes. 


We took about 10 pictures and I couldn't get any of them to turn out.  I think my camera didn't understand what I wanted it to focus on, because I was too far away from Jonathan.  About the time he starts acting silly is when it finally focused. 

Jonathan makes me smile.  We were sitting on the front steps looking at the big, bright beautiful moon.  He put his arm around me and said "I love you.  Let's go inside and view some TV now."  Who says view some TV?  Most people watch TV.  Very few of us view it.

Fred and Jess, aren't you sorry you missed this?

No comments: