Thursday, May 24, 2012

With A Little Help From My Friends

Sarah, Morgan and Jessica

The St. Anthony School had their graduation and end of school year party.  Jess and I went to support the school and spend time with her new classmates.  The school is so wonderful, and her friends are so sweet.  I couldn't help but smile while having dinner with her friends Sarah, Morgan and Praveen.   These kids are so funny and work so hard.  The graduates spoke and their stories just tug at your heart.

The Director stopped by my table to tell me how he has seen Jessica blossom over the last two months.  I can't tell you how many teachers stopped me to brag on her.  I had a parent/teacher conference last week, and it was so positive and wonderful.  We signed her up for summer school just so we could get her caught up. The most exciting part was that she wasn't even upset.  She was very accepting.  I think that is a testament of the school and everything that they've taught her.

This school is absolutely amazing. If I could have one wish it would be that this type of school would be available to anyone that needs it. We've got her into the school for now, but will probably have to make a change her senior year, and that will be heartbreaking. For now, we just focus on being grateful that we've found this wonderful school.

No comments: