Saturday, May 19, 2012

We Are Family

We recently found ourselves in a very stressful place.  We were blessed to have so many of our sweet family and friends that pitched in and offered support.  It was very humbling to say the least. 

My dad went with me to Austin while I took care of some difficult business.  It was very comforting to have him with me.  I could have taken care of it by myself, but it was so much easier to have my dad with me.

We also found ourselves needing to spend a lot of time in the Austin area.  For about 2 1/2 months, we spent every other weekend in Austin.  My Auntie Jan and Uncle Joe live in Austin and opened their home up to us.  It was such a hard time, but we also had some really great times.  Our sweet little family of four had some wonderful family moments, and we had some really great times with my Auntie Jan and Uncle Joe.  I think that Auntie Jan and I are closer for having had that experience.  We had lots of talks and "bonding" time when we come in to town on those Friday nights. 

 My brother was so sweet to give us gas cards and restaurant gift cards for Christmas to help out with the travel.  It was a huge lifesaver.

My mom and mother-in-law gave so much moral support.  Cards, letter and phone calls. The cards and letters are all saved and tucked away.  Anything we needed, my mom sent our way.  

Our friends sent their love, support, cards and packages. The Young Women at church were so sweet and wonderful. So much love was offered that it was unbelievable. 

It was hard to accept help.  In some cases, I think that I might have accepted help kicking and screaming.  This experience, while difficult, brought so many blessings into our lives.  I hope that I sufficiently thanked everyone, and showed my love for them. 
I don't know how I will ever repay them for their love, support and kindness.

No comments: