Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Free Will


Jonathan and I had to drive to the other side of Frisco (which is like driving to another town) to get his photography merit badge signed off on. On the way back, he was telling me a really long and awful story about someone (who shall remain nameless) that had a psychotic girlfriend and has decided not to date for another two years.  In an effort to change the subject, I asked him to tell me about his high and low for the day.  In his Eeyore voice, he informed me that he didn't have a high today.  He said that he just had a bunch of lows.  Really?  I asked what had happened.  Turns out, he was still focused on the fact that he had gotten in trouble just before we left for not getting his homework done.  He told me that the the biggest low of the day came when he got grounded from everything in his life, and all he has left is his own free will.  Then he added that he wasn't even sure that he even had much of that left.

Gee, what a Debbie Downer!  I wasn't even sure how to respond to that!

No comments: