Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Remarkable Soul of Sister Dunn

I have been so fortunate to serve with this beautiful lady.  Susan Dunn has taught me so much.  We are preparing to say goodbye to her as she moves on down the road to beautiful Utah.  I am going to miss her friendship, love and support.  I am going to miss her stories.  I am going to miss standing in the church parking lot talking with her long after I should have gone home.  She has been a wonderful example to me and taught me so much. 

We celebrated all of her wonderfulness tonight.  We learned more about her by having a spotlight on Sister Dunn.  We shared special memories and stories.  We loved on her and gave her gifts.  It was the perfect evening. 
Our Beehives presented Susan with The Remarkable Soul of a Woman by Dieter F. Uchtdorf.  They all signed the inside of the book in their own sweet Beehive way.  Of course, I gave her Gordon B. Hinckley's Way to Be - it is the book that I give everyone that is leaving Beehives.  (President Hinckley is my favorite Prophet!)  Jessica gave her some cute jewelry and the Young Women gave her some sunshiny bread, honey and other goodies that were all bright and yellow (courtesy of Megan Ross).

We love her so much, and I think we did a pretty good job showing her how much!  We will miss her so much!

No comments: