Monday, September 28, 2015

Some of My People



I recently read a book called Home is Where My People Are:The Roads that Lead Us to Where We Belong.  Well, if  home is where my people are, then some of my people just happened to be at Texas Roadhouse celebrating our girl Madison's 12th birthday.


Madison was deserving of a big celebration.  She spreads sunshine and laughter wherever she goes.  She is pretty much a one woman party.  I love her attitude.  If you want to have a good time, then stick with Madison, because you can't have a bad time when you are with Madison.  Another thing I love about Madison is that she had to decide between the 6 oz and the 8 oz fillet for dinner!  I love that she loves steak, because it is my favorite, too.


These kids have been friend/cousins (some really are cousins and some just love each other like cousins) their whole lives.  That is such a blessing and something that they can take with them and hold to forever.  We are missing our sweet Laura and Katy.

I love my people and I am so thankful that I have them.  I only get to see them on special occasions, because the crazies in this picture keep us all so busy.  We hope to see each other at Halloween, because that is our holiday.  The one where Angel talks the big kids into begging for candy even though they are way too old.  The holiday where I have to eat beans in my chili even though I hate beans.  The holiday where the men man the candy table and overwhelm the kids with so many candy choices.  Yep, it's our holiday.

Home is where your people are.  I am so fortunate to have so many people that care about the Fortenberrys.

P.S. I asked Jonathan why he crossed his eyes and he told me he thought Aunt Angel was done taking pictures! (Geez Louise.  I give up!)

No comments: