Friday, September 18, 2015

Letter to My Grandma


Dear Grandma,

Happy Birthday to my sweet and sassy Grandma.
We miss you so much!

How thankful I am that I had you for all those years.  You taught me how to loosen up and have fun. Sometimes we got into some mischief and kept it our little secret.  Or at least I kept a secret until we were both too old for my mom to get too mad at us.  I think that you were the best Grandma that I could have ever had.  You were just the Grandma that I needed.  A little fun, a little sassy, a little stubborn, and a little sneaky.  You were perfectly perfect for me. You always made me laugh.  Every single time I visited you.  And, oh, the fun we had!

I sure do wish we could hang out together.  Maybe go to the Crossroads Mall.  Watch Dallas together. Or, hit the TCBY yogurt!

Thank you for being the coolest Grandma in town!

Love you,
Donna

I have posted this poem before and I read it at her funeral.  Here it is again.

A grandma is a remarkable woman.
She's a wonderful combination of
warmth and kindness, laughter and love.
She overlooks our faults, encourages our dreams,
and praises our every success.

A grandma has the wisdom of a teacher,
the sincerity of a true friend,
and the tenderness of a mother.
She's someone we admire, respect and
love very much.

A grandma will always have a cherished
place in our memories and in our hearts.
She's someone for whom we want every happiness
in return for the joy she always brings.

A grandma is all the dear and precious
things in life...
When she's a grandma like you.

-author unknown-

No comments: