Thursday, September 17, 2015

Me and the Boys


The boys and I attended Fred's company picnic this weekend.  I'll be honest.  I went against my will.  It was at Sandy Lake Amusement Park.  I think they should consider removing the word Amusement from their name.  Seriously.  They should.


In the end, I was glad we went, because I've been on a lucky streak lately.  I've been winning lots of stuff at work. It's been pretty exciting.  I never win anything.  Unless you count the Nouveau bowling tournament the night before Jessie was born.  And, it might not have been worth it. Okay, it most definitely wasn't worth it, because we ended up at the hospital the next morning.  I think we won a gift certificate to a restaurant that we weren't able to use for a very long time, because we ended up with a newborn ahead of schedule.  But, I digress.  Where I was going with this whole winning streak  thing is that we won a 40" Smart TV that we can put in our bedroom, so that I can watch Netflix! 


They fed us barbecue and we sat around talking while there was face painting and games.  Then we were given 30 tickets a piece for rides.  Plus, there must have been extra tickets, because Fred and Jonathan each ended up with an additional 30 tickets.  Jonathan was excited about the Spider.  Let me tell you, I remember the Spider getting closed down when I was young, because someone lost their lunch.  I didn't want to be bad sport, but every ride went around and around.  I don't do those kind of rides because they make me quite sick.  I'm more of a light roller coaster girl.  Think Judge Roy Scream at Six Flags.  I went one time on the Spider with Fred.  There was too much of a weight difference.  Our bucket/car thingy was spinning and spinning.  I think I felt my barbecue in my throat.  Jonathan used all of his tickets on the Spider.  He stayed in and just kept giving the guy ticket after ticket.  I thought I was going to die.  It took me all evening to recover.  I took Dramamine when I got home to help with upset stomach that I still had.  Went in a dark, quiet room and went to bed.  Clearly, I am an old woman.


I hope that I never have to go back to that place ever... unless they're giving away TVs!

No comments: