Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Love Languages




I don't know if you've ever read The Five Love Languages.  But, here is how our love languages break out... my love love language is Positive Affirmations and Fred's is Acts of Service.  You would think that would make us incompatible considering neither one of us excels at the other's love language.

Currently, I am in charge of getting Jonathan to 6:00 a.m. seminary and then from seminary to 7:00 a.m. band practice.  I consider it my "act of service" that I allow Fred to sleep in the mornings, because there are many mornings that I want to scream, "Please help me get YOUR child moving!!!"  In contrast, I am sure Fred believes that it would be a great act of service, if we could be a little quieter in the mornings and use far less lights.

This morning, I got up at 5: 20 or maybe I hit snooze until 5:30.  Either way, I rolled out of bed and found Jonathan's lunch and water bottles all prepared and set out on the table.  

Acts of service aren't my main love language, but I sure do appreciate them-- especially at the pre-dawn hour.


No comments: