Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Redneck Music for Mormons

Since I'm so far behind, my posting is going to jump around all over the place.

Way back on February 21st, I was just so edified and had the opportunity to feast on the Lords words all day.  Do I sound smart or what?  Jess and I went to the Stake Women's Conference.  Then, my family went to Katy Miller's birthday party and I went to musical fireside that featured The Nashville Tribute Band.  So, I felt super bad for missing Katy's birthday.  She was celebrating at Top Golf.  We all know how much I love and adore Katy and golf. Okay, so we all know how much I love and adore Katy.  I took golf in college as one of my four P.E.'s that they require a business major to have.  I still know nothing about golf.  Coach Sigona would tell us that we could go home after we had hit a bucket of balls.  I had this huge fear that I would have to spend the night at the driving range, because it would take me all night to hit my bucket of balls.  So, in a fit of panic, while he wasn't looking, I would just chunk as many balls into the driving range quickly as possible.  That is a true story.  I hate golf.  I even hate miniature golf which is crazy, because I spent about a bazillion hours at Mountasia Family Fun Center.  Mountasia was a miniature golf establishment and I happened to be dating one of their key employees - Fred Fortenberry.

Anyway, while my family hung out and golfed with Katy I enjoyed the musical stylings of The Nashville Tribute Band.  Which is LDS (the politically correct term for Mormons) country music.  I went all by myself and just had the best time and enjoyed the music of my people-- you know, Rednecks.  It was the best.




No comments: