Sunday, February 3, 2013

We Are All Teachers


"We are all teachers. We should ever remember that we  not only teach with words; we teach also by who we are and how we live our lives."
-Thomas S. Monson

I have a new calling in church. I am the Sunday school teacher for the 14 and 15 year olds. I have about 12 students that attend regularly and they are quite the cast of characters. Some days they make teaching difficult and some days they are ever so reverent and I wonder who on earth they are. But, no matter what their classroom demeanor is, I have come to fall in love with these wonderful teenagers. The girls I already knew from my calling in Young Women's. The boys, I knew from afar. I knew just enough to be afraid. And, my suspicions  about them were right. They are more interested in cutting up and playing around than learning. But, they are precious and sweet children of God and they make me smile and laugh every Sunday. And, every Sunday they also say something that warms my heart and makes me so thankful that I have this very special calling. I love the youth of our church and I love teenagers in general. They are so fun and often misunderstood. They just want to be listened to and loved.

My prayer is that I am able to teach these sweet spirits the gospel.

No comments: