Thursday, February 14, 2013

Velveeta and Chocolate Chip Cookies



I have shared some of the yummy dinners that we've tried lately.  So, I thought I would share a huge miss.  Saturday was a cold day filled with errands.  A day when I left my house tidy and came back after hours of errands to find it trashed.  No one wanted to cook.  We had bought a box dinner that we thought would be easy and a step up from Hamburger Helper.  We had it in our pantry just waiting for the moment when someone said, "What should we fix?"  It was Velveeta Cheesy Bake, Cornbread Chili.  The box mentioned that you could enhance the dinner by adding Rotel tomatoes and since our daughter is a huge queso fan, we have Rotel flowing like some people have wine.

Comments from the fam were, "This isn't too bad, I think I'll have some more!"  and "I REALLY like this;  how much more can I have?"

Comments from me, "Too. Spicy.  Hot. Hot."  and "I REALLY don't like this; I don't want anymore of this."

Thankfully, I had some chocolate chip cookie dough in the refrigerator.  Nothing cleanses the palate like chocolate chip cookies!  I was so desperate that I made the entire package.  I thought it would take a lot of cookies to cleanse my palate.  Turns out, by the time they were finished cooking, I decided I only needed two.  Who knew?  The boys that had seconds and thirds on the Velveeta Cheesy Bake needed to cleanse their palate too.  Not sure why if there dinner was so good. 

So, you decide... take Fred and Jonathan's advice and buy a box or take my advice and stay far, far away.  Either way, everyone needs a couple of chocolate chip cookies.  That is something we can all agree on!

No comments: