Monday, February 11, 2013

New Hair and Birthday Dinner


Today is my birthday. I am 41. I keep thinking that I am really old. I look it. I feel it. And, I can't get the thought out of my head that I am on the backside of 40. It is all downhill from here. Before I know it, I will be approaching 50 and then 60 and then you get the drift.
I look in the mirror and I look so old and I have gray hair that I can't get to cover up with the hair color in the box. Not to mention it has been exactly 1 year since I had a hair cut.  I was scheduled to get a hair cut in March of 2012, but Jess came home from residential treatment.  Our lives were all turned upside down so I canceled it, and I apparently never made another one.  Who does that? 

I finally bit the bullet and made an appointment on Saturday for new hair.  I had Fred take a picture of it, but he doesn't profess to be a photographer.  You can't really see much about my new hair.  It is a little brighter and has more shape.  Other than that, it looks just like my old hair.  Oh, well!  Baby steps.


I had nothing special planned tonight.  I had pasta on the menu - both kid and adult friendly.  That is what I call a win-win.  To my surprise, Fred stopped off at the grocery store and picked up steak, lobster and corn-on-the-cob.  The kids will not partake in such a meal (crazy, I know), so Jessica cooked the pasta and garlic bread for her and Jonathan.  Fred fixed our meal, and we had coconut cake for dessert.  I am not a fan of cake, but I can be persuaded when you start adding in coconut!  I didn't have to lift a finger except to help clean the kitchen.  I could get used to this kind of treatment.

I might be on the backside of 40, but at least I have new hair and a family that is willing to fix a delicious dinner.

No comments: