Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Favorite Things: All Things Hair


I have frizzy, curly, nasty, yucky hair!  It has taken me forever, but I have finally found a combination of hair products that work for me.

I start with Paul Mitchel Super Skinny Shampoo and Conditioner.  Love that stuff.  It is the best shampoo that I have found for frizzy hair and I have tried everything from Aveda to the super cheap stuff and in between.  I even broke down and bought that Wen stuff on the infomercial that the guy with the blond hair sells. 

Anyway, while my hair is damp, I rub Kenra oil in it.  I hear people say that it cuts your drying time by 50%.  It does help with the blow drying process.  However, for me it seems to really help with the straightening process.  Great stuff!  Definitely one of the best finds ever.

I have a BaByliss hair dryer.  I can't tell you that it is so super special, because the drying process is a pain in my backside.  I usually look like a big fro-head after I blow dry my hair.  So, I am just not a big fan of any hair dryer, but this one is really good.

My favorite hair product is my BaByliss Pro Nano Titanium flat iron.  It is the greatest invention ever.  I would marry it, if I weren't already married.  It heats up to 450 degree and slides across my frizzy/crazy hair and turns it into smooth, silky locks.  I think I will be buried with my flat iron.

As you know, I'm on the backside of 40 now.  The older I get, the frizzier and weirder my hair gets.  I can't tell you that my hair is beautiful, but these products have certainly made my hair more manageable.

I hope my kids are reading this that way they can make sure to stock my room with these items when I'm old.  I will need help with the flat iron, because I'm sure they have restrictions on those in the nursing home.  I fear that no one will help me with my hair and I will be the crazy lady with her hair sticking up everywhere.  The scariest part is I am afraid that my daughter will let me look like that on purpose as way to pay me back for all those years of pulling her hair up and putting large bows in it.   Maybe someone could take pity on me?    

No comments: