Friday, August 1, 2014

Twice in Twenty Years


On our first anniversary, Fred surprised me at work with a beautiful arrangement of flowers.  It was so sweet and special and so unlike him.  And, let me tell you, he never did it again!  So, imagine my surprise when I received an FTD box yesterday (2 days after our 20th anniversary).  The guy delivering it to my office had several boxes in his hand.  He told me the black box was for me, but I didn't believe him.  So, he started joking with me and walked off and then came back and tried to give it to me again.  I still refused to accept it.  When I finally realized that my name was on the box, I still didn't understand that the flowers were from Fred.  I kept trying to figure out who would send me flowers - never, ever guessing that they would be from Fred.  Sending them two days late was a nice touch!  So, I'm thinking that maybe I'll get flowers again on our 40th... maybe?

No comments: