Thursday, August 28, 2014

I Want Another One


Let me tell you, I still use my paper calendar.  I can't help it.  I have my work meetings and appointments on my Outlook calendar.  However, personally, I need a good old fashion calendar.  I need to see it all laid out before me.  So, how sad has it been to look at Gracie's birthday all week.  All week, there has been a reminder that she should have been 17 on Monday.

She was crazy and annoying, but I loved her and I still miss her.  I haven't done anything with her ashes yet. They are hidden deep in the bottom of my dresser drawer.  Weird. I know.  At one point, I thought we've waited so long, we should just do it on her birthday.  Now, I guess we could just go ahead and do something with them on the one year anniversary of her death.  Which basically means I am procrasinating and there will always be a box of ashes in my dresser drawer.

I have decided that I am ready for another dog.  Not sure how I am ready for another dog if I'm not ready to take care of Gracie's ashes.  So, I said that I was never going to get another Shih tzu (I love them, but the grooming on two Shih tzus was killing me).  Then, I said that if I ever got another Shih tzu that I would never get another black and white Shih tzu. I now have dreams of cute little bug-eyed black and white Shih tzu.  I would probably rescue a dog rather than buying.  So, a black and white Shih tzu might not be in the cards, but it sure would be nice to have another Gracie-like dog hopping around our house again.

No comments: