Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Happy Graduation - The Decorations

 


I'm finally writing about Jessie's Graduation Party.  It will take several posts to capture it all!  We asked our friend, Debi if she would be the official photographer.  She took so many amazing pictures.  I won't be able to post them all.


Everything was super cute!  I ordered chevron invitations and decorations off of Etsy.  My mom's friend made the cake.  We couldn't have asked for anything more adorable.


If it were me, I would have wanted the pink decorations.  However, I tried to keep in mind that this was for Jessie.  So, I went with the blue.  We had blue chevron decorations coming out our ears.  The Laurels from church were able to use them for a Sunday Evening Discussion.  Their SED looked so impressive.


The big controversy of the day - Chick-fil-a!  Fred wanted to serve a Chick-fil-a tray and our little vegetarian would NOT have it.  She said that this was her graduation party and there would be no meat at her party!  So, we stuck with bird food.


I had a super simple punch recipe that I had used before, but Fred researched punch recipes online the night before.  I am not a fan of trying something new on the fly.  I really think you should try it BEFORE the party.  Fred and our friend, Tony threw the punch together the day of the party and had to add some modifications, but it seemed to work.  (Thank goodness or it would have caused me great anxiety if it hadn't.)


Our friend's, Tony and Kelly Palmer, were sweet enough to let our friends and family invade their home for Jessie's party.  They have an amazing pool and we had a great time!  We are so thankful for their generosity!

No comments: