Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Medieval Memories


We had the best weekend with Fred's family.  Fred was able to take off Thursday and Friday and we loved having the cute nephews, Cody and Matthew, stay with us from Wednesday evening through Sunday morning.  We were able to take them to our church activity on Wednesday evening.  Then we went to several movies, they played golf while I was working and we enjoyed dinner and some fun entertainment at Medieval Times.  It was my first time ever!


The food was interesting, to say the least!  I am not a huge fan of chicken on the bone, but it wasn't too bad.  It was an adventure trying to eat an entire meal without utensils.  Thankfully, they had a vegetarian option for Jessie.  


The show was fun and cute and everyone enjoyed it!  My pocketbook was significantly lighter when we left.  When we first got there I thought to myself how lucky I was that my kids are teenagers.  Any younger, and Jonathan would have been wanting a sword.  After the show, what were all three boys asking for?  Yep, you guessed it.  A sword!  I settled on dragon figurines for my kids.  Seriously, they are weird sometimes.  Why would anyone want a dragon?  We also bought the pictures that they took of us.  Again, not sure why, but we bought two pictures at $20 a pop!


The kids had fun making memories and that is what it is all about, right?


We love these kids and hope they come back soon!  And, of course we love Grandma, PawPaw Larry and Aunt Dawn, too!


No comments: