Friday, May 1, 2015

Lovin' Where We're At


I attended Jonathan's ARD Review at his school this week.  Can I just say that I love, love, love Independence High School.  They have been so amazing.

About a year and a half ago, my husband was starting to get a hankering to move.  He started picking up flyers from those little For Sale tubes in front of people's houses.  I believe that my house is too small and that we have been stuffed in our house for far too long.  We are really living in an oversized apartment.  We are living in our starter house.  We were just going to live here for five years.  Only it has been 18+!  Good grief.  Anyway, I started getting heart palpitations every time he picked up a flyer and showed me his latest find, because I gently explained to my sweet husband that "if" we moved we would need to find a house very close to Centennial High School.  Just like our current house.  See, our house is within walking distance of Centennial High School and I knew that my Jonathan would soon be starting his freshman year at Centennial and I needed to make sure that he was close enough to walk home.  So, Fred, feeling defeated, never picked up another flyer from one of those little tubes ever again.

The funny thing about my little declaration was that we were rezoned and Jonathan ended up going to Independence instead of Centennial.  I was heartbroken, because I felt like he needed to be able to walk to his school and that he might get beaten up on the bus ride to and from school.  For the most part, the bus ride has been okay.  Occasionally, we have to do some fancy scheduling to get him picked up and wish that he could walk home.  The school and the staff are amazing and that is worth more than anything.  I believe that this is where we needed to be.
No matter what event or meeting that I've attended at the school, I've been super impressed.  They've helped Jonathan to feel at home and well-adjusted.  His ARD review went so well that I didn't cry a single tear.  I usually leave those things bawling with frustration.

I am so happy that we are an Independence Knight!


No comments: