Monday, May 4, 2015

The Failed Selfie


Firsts things first, I found out that I know lots of Anne fans.  Fred told me to go ahead and order my movies - he secretly loves Anne, too!  And, sadly, I learned that the actor that played Gilbert Blythe passed away in April. I had no idea.  My friend, Ruth kind of ruined my day with that one last night.  So, I found the article and sent it to my friends at work.  It was the first thing they read this morning.  It pretty much made them start their Monday out on a sour note.  I guess I should have thought about that.  Now that I have my ramblings of Anne out of the way, I'll just go ahead and recap my weekend for you, because I know that is what you live for is to hear what The Fortenberry Four did this weekend.  Right?  No?!?  Okay, fine.  I won't bore you with the details.

But, I will say that we gathered up friends and family, near and far and went to see Avengers: Age of Ultron. The cute little Palmers took the perfect selfie, but couldn't reach the button.  So I gave them a hand (or a finger) and pushed the button for them since they had their phone held out but couldn't quite get the picture taken.  It was cute and perfect.  Kelly uploaded it to Facebook with something cute and sweet like "Seeing Avengers with my man."  So, I was in charge of mine and Fred's selfie and I forgot all the selfie tricks that Lynn taught us in New York. She taught us how to take the perfect selfie so that you look young and perfect.  I really needed Fred's long arm because  I didn't hold it up and tilt it like Lynn taught me.  I ended up with with the couple behind us in my picture.  I didn't quite know what to do with my failed selfie.

Kelly asked me if I had posted my picture to Facebook yet, so that she could "like" it.  I decided to go forward with my failed attempt and posted it to Facebook and Instagram.  Oh, my goodness.  All the comments that I got about this poor couple in the background of our picture.  They were very involved in their phones and not paying attention to each other.  Bless their hearts.

If I had to do some sort of ranking, I would say that Jessie enjoyed the movie the most.  She always does!  Love that girl.

We had a great time and I mostly enjoyed Captain America. I have no need to break down the plot of the entire movie.  Captain America was all I needed.

No comments: