Thursday, May 28, 2015

@donnajean8109


Last night, our cute Young Women and leaders worked hard to prepare for camp.  By worked hard, I mean that we tried our hand at some crafts.  I am not the craftiest of crafters.  We made some little nap sacks for the ride to camp, and to use at camp, if we want. 

I was telling Celeste (one of the leaders) that she was super hip for putting a hashtag on her bag.  Her 15 year old daughter let us know that absolutely no one uses hashtags anymore.  People, you heard it here.  Hashtags are out!  I was teasing Cassie telling her that she forgot to add her hashtag on her bag.  A few minutes later, I was called over to look at the finished product.  Instead of a hashtag, she had added my Instagram address on her bag.  Ha! That should get me a good 5-10 new followers. 


I really didn't want to paint on my bag.  Because, well, it's PAINT!  I'm better with a sharpie or a Flair pen.  There is so much pressure with paint.  My torch looked like the flame threw up everywhere.  Let me tell you, the yellow was substandard. It looked like mustard.  And, just like mustard, it splattered.  In the end, it didn't really matter.  

Me and my wet bag went to survey the situation at the end of the night.  I didn't see the men in my life, so I thought I was safe to go home.  However, just as the Bishop was telling me that my hubby was in a meeting (that he forgot to tell me about - but I'm so not blaming him for this incident - very much), I turned and smeared some of my paint.  The Bishop-- who doesn't have daughters and whose wife doesn't seem to be overly dramatic-- had the nerve to tell me it would be ok.  He clearly didn't know that I had paint all over my cardigan, my jeans and there was a near miss with my Vera Bradley purse.  This was the real catastrophe.  I seemed to have ruined two pieces of clothes.  I told him that I would be taking my drawstring bag to the car and THEN and only THEN would I be gathering my son and our neighbor to take home.  I think he made a note on some piece of paper where he tallies church members that might need some special help.


The girls made cute torches.  Thankfully, there weren't enough for the leaders.  That just might have been too much crafting for me.  Although, the torch kind of crafting might have been more my speed.  There was NO paint involved.  Cellophane, scissors, sparkly tape and rubber bands-- all mediums (is that word used correctly here?) that I can work with!

I'll keep you posted and let you know how my Instagram audience grows after camp!  I'm sure Cassie is going to drum up some followers for me!

No comments: