Thursday, May 7, 2015

The Nail Lady

Jessie and I got our nails done last Friday.  Now, I get my nails done every couple of weeks.  Jessie, not so much.  It is a treat for her to get her nails done.  I figure I didn't start getting my nails done regularly until I was in my 40's.  She can just sit in her bedroom and paint her nails until she can afford to pay for them -- just like I did.  On occasion, I will bring her with me.  Usually, the nail ladies will yell at me (I don't know why I always feel like they are yelling) "Where's your daughter?"  I just tell them that she's at home.

I guess it has been a while since Jess has been in.  She said that she heard two of the nail ladies talking in their native language.  They would speak their language and then she would hear the word weight ever so often.  Finally, the owner came over to Jessie and told her "Oh, you look more beautiful.Your hair look much better, too. You lose weight?"

Jess just laughed and said that she did. So, the questions continued with "Yes, you lose weight?  That's why you look so much more beautiful.  How much weight did you lose."  Jess replied that she didn't know.  This brought complete shock!  Then the nail lady turns to me and says, "Donna, your daughter have boyfriend?"

These questions just kept going.  I was torn between feeling sorry for Jessie and wanting to fall in the floor laughing!

No comments: