Saturday, May 9, 2015

Jello Night

(Wearing my 1970's House Dress to Church - I am such a Fashionista)

I just love a good song.  And, my kids are constantly spoiling my fun.  I guess the problem with me and music is that I just enjoy the tune and the catchy lyrics.  I don't really listen to the words or maybe I'm not listening for some hidden meaning.

Jonathan told me the other day that he didn't understand why on earth I liked Country Music so much, because all country songs are either about drinking, cheating or domestic violence.  Gee, that's kind of a downer.

Then, Jess and I were having a disagreement about what song to listen to on the radio and I told her that I really liked Maroon 5's song, Sugar.  I was informed that I shouldn't be listening to that song, because it is about sex.

The worst instance was when Jonathan came home and announced that I needed to remove Take Me to Church from my playlist.  What?  I thought it was just about a guy wanting his girlfriend to church. Seriously?  

I also like the song Honey, I'm Good. As in I could listen to it over and over.  My music screeners have informed me that it is also very bad.

At what point in my 43 years of life have things switched for me?  My kids now need to screen my songs for me, because I'm just bopping along to inappropriate songs.  I never thought this would happen.  I guess it will be jello night at the home before we know it.

No comments: