Sunday, September 30, 2012

Each Life You Touch

 

No man or woman proceeds alone.  All of us are largely products of the lives which touch upon our lives.
-Gordon B. Hinckley

Today, there have been big changes in the Fortenberry house.  In our church we have callings which are our 'jobs' in the church.  Fred was moved from Assistant Scout Master to Scout Master which is a big job and means that they have a lot of faith in him.  I know that he will do a great job, but I also know that he will miss his buddy.  His good friend, Tony has been the Scout Master.  They moved him to another position.  He will still be working with the Young Men just not the same age group. 

I have been working with the Young Women for almost two years now.  In November it will be 2 years.  I was called as 2nd counselor the day before my Aunt Judy passed away.  I remember waiting to head out to Greeville until a member of the Bishopric came by to give me the calling.  I wasn't even at church to be sustained.  Our Young Women's Presidency was released today.

These girls and the other leaders have touched my life more than they can ever know.  I hope that I have touched theirs.  I might write more about them and how much I love and adore them.  Right now, I am too sad.  I know that they will have great leaders, and I know that I will go on to have another great calling. 

Right now, I just can't help but wonder what I will do with myself on Wednesday nights while my kids and husband are at Young Men and Young Women's.  I am sure I will come to enjoy my time to myself.  However, at first, it is going to be so very sad not to be with our youth.

I am thankful that I was called to serve with the Young Women.  I have loved every minute. 

No comments: