Thursday, September 6, 2012

Weekend Funnies

Filters Are A Great Thing
I was helping pack my Grandma's belongings, so that she could move to a new assisted living home.  While we were packing, Grandma went down to have lunch.  I ended up taking her something which gave me the opportunity to meet her tablemates.  She proudly introduced me to all her friends leaving this one sweet lady for last. She then said, "Donna, this is Jane.  She don't hardly comb her hair much."  And, that my friends is the innocence of a 92 year old.  I sure hope my filter holds out on me, because I have a lot of thoughts in my head that I think should really stay there!

Dracula
I commented to Fred that I needed to run by the store over the weekend and pick up Dracula for Jessica.  She needed to have it for school by Tuesday.  Fred looked at me thoughtfully and asked, "Does she need the black and white version or the new version?"  Confused and then amused, I answered, "Umm, that would be the print version.  She has to read the book for school.  Not watch the movie!"  He just grinned sheepishly, but wasn't too ashamed that he seemed to forget that kids have to READ in English class.

Courage the Cowardly Dog
This weekend I was talking to Jessica's friend from school.  His name is Euciff (not exactly sure how you spell that).  I had met him last year.  However, I got really confused and kept calling him Eustace - as in the old man from Courage the Cowardly Dog.  I kept trying to figure out why that name sounded so familiar.  Finally, Jess got on to me and said that is NOT his name and reminded me where I was pulling that name from.  Poor guy.  I don't think I called him that to his face.  My kids were never allowed to watch that show, but it seemed like it was always coming on TV and we were always having to change the channel.  We got a good laugh over the fact that I kept calling this poor boy Eustace.  Last year, I met Praveen and called him Perveen and Spyker was Stryker.  Am I that uncool that I can't get these names right?  What happened to kids with normal names like Matt and John? 

No comments: