Sunday, September 9, 2012

Personal Reflection

San Marcos River

Therefore, let your hearts be comforted concerning Zion; for all flesh is in mine hands; be still and know that I am God.
-Doctrine and Covenants 101:16

Our lives have become extremely busy.  We run from one thing to another.  We wear ourselves out in thoughtless pursuit of goals which are largely ephemeral.  We are entitled to spend some time with ourselves in introspection, in development, in thinking, meditating, pondering things.
-Gordon B. Hinckley

I love my little blog.  It allows me to do just what President Hinckley counsels... spend time in introspection, in development, in thinking, in meditating and in pondering things.  I don't always record the things that I think about, but it allows me to ponder and think some of my best thoughts and fix the problems of the world (or at least my family).

We should all make time for personal reflection.

No comments: