Saturday, September 22, 2012

Flashback Friday: Auntie Jan and Uncle Joe's Wedding

1) I hit 500 posts last Sunday!  I big accomplishment considering I dropped out of the blogging world for a while.

2) I am a day late on Flashback Friday, so you are getting FF on Saturday.  I hope that is ok...

3) I haven't had any posts this week.  It has been quite the week.  My sweet girls were in charge of a Standards Night at church on Wednesday. We have been planning for weeks.  It has been daunting and we planned one activity only to scrap it two weeks ago.  At the moment we scrapped it, we realized that we lost a week of planning due to a combined young women's activity taking the place of our last planning day. Plus, it has been so incredibly busy at work. We have been preparing for a customer visit all week.   All I can say is that I have had some things to post, but I have been just to tired mentally and physically to sit and type.

So... here is Flashback Friday on Saturday...

Jessie and I had a great time traveling to Austin for Auntie Jan and Uncle Joe's wedding.  We had just returned home from our Port Aransas trip.  We dropped the boys off at home and then Jess and I jumped in the car and headed back towards Austin.  In hindsight, I'm trying to remember why we just didn't stop in Austin, but I think we were trying to conserve money after our vacation, plus there was the concern that everyone was going to be exhausted and on each other's nerves after our time in the sun. It was probably a good call.  Jess and I had a fun girls' trip.
 
Auntie Jan and Uncle Joe got married on August 9, 2008 in a beautiful ceremony in their backyard.  They have an awesome backyard full of trees.  I wish we had backyards like that in Dallas!  Then we moved the festivities in doors.  I am sure Auntie Jan was cleaning and recovering for weeks.  We all contributed our punch glasses to the affair.  We were finding punch glasses, cake plates and who knows what else stuck in every nook and cranny of her house.
 
The sun was in an awful place for this picture.  Jess was so cute that I had to share it.  She was sporting her tan from Port Aransas and we had gone for pedicures just before our trip.  No matter how old you are, you can't go to the beach without a fresh pedicure!
 
 


No comments: