Monday, September 24, 2012

Tubaliscious

Friday night we went to hear our favorite tuba player - ok we went to hear the entire Wester middle school band play.  It was fun to hear them play some current tunes.  At night, I just hear the lower brass parts, which aren't all that exciting.  I guess I will always be glad that I played the clarinet. 

They started out old school with Land of 1000 Dances and then they played The Lazy Song, Rock Around the Clock, Firework, Animal,  Party Rock Anthem and Pretty Fly.

Jonathan's favorite song is Pretty Fly and his band director is a proponent of letting the kids dance with the music.  Problem is Jonathan plays the tuba.  He was the only tuba player even trying to 'dance' to Pretty Fly.  Only thing he could do with that big thing was rock it back and forth.  I forgot to grab my good video camera, so I was videoing on my phone which doesn't allow me to zoom.  Unfortunately, I couldn't get his awesome performance.  All you can see is a blur because I was laughing so hard making the phone shake.  Years from now, I will wonder why I was laughing. 

We are so glad that Jonathan enjoys band and hope that he continues to enjoy it.  I hope that he continues on with it into high school.  Until then, I think we are going to have a fun year.

No comments: