Sunday, January 31, 2010

Mama's Boy

Is it normal for my ten year old son to be completely crushed that I wasn't called to be his Primary teacher? 

He should have outgrown me by now, right?

I don't deserve this sweet guy. 

When I was growing up, I was more like Jess.  I needed and expected a little bit of space from my parents.  Not too much... just enough that my friends wouldn't know how attached I really was to them.

Not, Jonathan!  When we are home, he is attached to my side at all times.  I don't get too far without hearing MOM-MEEEEE!!!!   Usually, he needs to tell me something about a Pokemon in his DS or Game Cube game.  Sometimes, he just needs to make sure that I haven't slipped out without telling him (which I NEVER do). 

I worry, because this is not normal 10 year old boy behaviour. I worry about his future wife.  Boy, will she have to be special.  I worry that he is going to magically grow out of his Mama's Boy stage, and I won't be prepared.  For the most part, I just enjoy it.  I enjoy the hugs, kisses and declarations of love that my son still bestows on me.  I am grateful that he is still a Mama's Boy.  Normal is overrated, anyway!

No comments: