Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Double-Digits

My baby turned ten yesterday... double digits... he now has to hold up all ten of his fingers to show is age.  Where or where did the time go?


Somehow this lucky boy scored another birthday dinner out of us.  I asked Jonathan what he wanted me to fix for his birthday.  Fred, knowing that he would say spaghetti, wondered aloud if Jonathan might like to go out for his birthday.  I, seriously, thought that we had just gone out to Fuddruckers for his birthday.  Jonathan quickly jumped at the idea of going out to eat... on a school night, no less.  No one was surprised when he chose his very favorite hamburger joint, Mooyah.  Neither one of us can figure out why he chose Fuddruckers on Saturday.  He barely even ate his hamburger.  But, last night, he tore that Mooyah burger up.


Yes, I am that kind of mother.  The one who treats her baby to a chocolate milkshake on his birthday.  The one who lets her baby have a milkshake even though he has a milk allergy.  The one who sent her son to school the next day coughing, because he had too much milk.  That's me!

No comments: