Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Let it Snow!


This morning I awoke VERY late at 7:00 a.m. My head was pounding. When I wake up with a migraine it is usually imperative that I get up and get moving. I think it has something to do with me getting the blood flowing in the right direction – away from the brain. Today I found that it actually felt better to snuggle my head deep down into my pillow. I tried to block the impending day, and all that needed to get done.

Jonathan greeted me around this time. I squinted and looked at him. I noticed that he was wearing the shirt that he had on yesterday. I had gone to bed early last night and left the rest of the family up watching Santa Clause 3. I knew that Jess was planning on setting her alarm and getting up early to take a shower. I hadn’t planned on Jonathan needing one too.


I slowly started getting my body moving to find that it was snowing outside. The excitement of snow added to the fact that 4 people had to take showers this morning caused my head to pound even harder. Jess said that she woke up early, but we were all in bed. She didn’t take a shower, because she didn’t want to get in trouble for getting up before everyone else. (Aahhh, the rationalization of a teenager!)

I came to the conclusion that I would go into work an hour late. I thought I could rest and relax and work on my headache. No such luck!


Even with a headache, it was pretty exciting to be greeted by snow! Jonathan fussed about wearing his big heavy winter coat. This is his third season to have this particular coat and he has complained about it for three seasons. Jess hates to blow dry her hair. I don’t think she likes the way the hot air feels. Anyway, I made her dry her hair before Fred took her to school. Honestly, I think she just half-way dried it and threw it up in a pony tail. I know she dressed warm, but I didn’t see her choice of shoes. I’m praying that she didn’t try to leave the house in flip-flops (her preferred shoe).



Then, I decided to put little t-shirts on the dogs. Gracie has always worn shirts in the winter. Mollie is just eighteen months old, so this is fairly new to her. Gracie, my seasoned veteran, let me get the shirt three-fourths of the way on and then freaked out on me. We only had one leg left to go, and she literally put her foot down. I finally rolled her on her back to put that last leg through. That seemed to be less traumatic.


Three of us are native Texans, and you can tell! A little bit of cold weather and some light snow, and we bundle up like there is a blizzard coming through our neighborhood. Not to mention, all this was documented with pictures. Even in my diminished state, I managed to snap a few pictures.

No comments: