Saturday, April 16, 2011

I Love New York

While we were in New York, we had the opportunity to play a little bit in the evenings.  We walked around Times Square one evening.  Another evening we saw Wicked and had dinner around the corner in the theater district. 
One night, we took the subway to the Meat Packing District.  We went to a club called Plunge.  It was crazy packed.  Not so much fun... especially if you are a non-drinker.  However, it had a beautiful view that looked out over New Jersey.  Elena and I had a hard time posing next to Cody's gorgeous wife, Rachel. 

The last night, there were just a few of us left.  Most everyone had already flown back to Dallas. A handful of us had to stay back and tear down the booth.  The one lone male was tired of hanging with us ladies, so he did his own thing. So, there were three of us girl left.  We walked around for a while and decided that we wanted to take the subway to Staten Island.  Somehow we ended up on the wrong subway.  Imagine our surprise when we realized that we were in Brooklyn!  We decided that we were done with the subway, and we took a cab back to Soho!  It made for a fun story and a great adventure!  And, I got to see the Brooklyn bridge twice.  Once from the subway, and once from the backseat of a cab.

I really want to go back to New York!  I think it would make a great girls' trip.  Unfortunately, Fred doesn't like to walk, so I think New York would make him grouchy.  However, I loved New York, and I a want to go back soon!

No comments: