Monday, April 25, 2011

The Adult Easter Egg Hunt

Easter isn't just for the kids.  We make sure that the adults have fun too.  We have an Easter egg hunt just for the adults, and there are prizes to be won! 
Jonathan hunted for Grandma, and Jessie hunted for Uncle Joe's mother, Ms. Leona.  Grandma was going over strategy with Jonathan.  She told him that she wanted the good prizes!
Molina helped me find a few eggs.  Otherwise, I wouldn't have had a single egg.  I got a late start, because I stayed behind making sure Jonathan got started.  Then when I finally got started, the eggs were hidden super well.  The blind girl couldn't see the eggs hidden up in the tall parts of the grass. Thanks to Molina I found SIX eggs.  Yes, I had the least amount of eggs by a mile!
Dad and Josie had an easier time finding the eggs than I did.  I guess they were able to see those eggs hiding down in that tall grass.  As we were hunting, I started worrying about my cute little sandals getting dirty.  About the time that I voiced my concern, my cousin Tammy yells out, " Hey everyone make sure that you watch out for snakes!"  Although, I get tired of the hustle and bustle of Frisco sometimes, I am so glad that I don't have to caution my guests to beware of snakes!
Fred was a rock star at hunting eggs!  He definitely has the better eyesight out of the two of us.

Usually, we number of the prizes and stuff the eggs with numbers.  This year, we didn't quite get this done.  Everyone just got the same amount of prizes.  We took turns going into the "prize bedroom."  The old people... yes that's you Auntie Jan and Mom... decided that we should go in oldest to youngest.  Poor 18 year old Chris graduated to the adult hunt this year.  Obviously, this didn't work out in his favor.  My cousin works for Rubbermaid, so I scored some mighty-fine kitchen items as prizes.  I think everyone should orchestrate an Easter egg hunt for the big people.  It is always sure to be lots of fun.

No comments: