Monday, April 25, 2011

Bond Family Easter

Every year my Mom's family gets together to celebrate Easter.  We eat, hunt, torture each other with confetti eggs, and then we torture a pinata.  It is great family fun.  I think that it is a rarity these days for extended family to spend time together.  I am proud of the fact that my kids know their 2nd cousins.  I love that my kids talk about their aunts, and people assume that they must be talking about my sisters.  I correct them, and tell them no that my kids are referring to their great aunts. 

We enjoyed our festivities at my cousin Tammy's house.  She and her husband, Randy, were kind enough to host.  They live in Greenville (almost to Wolf City), and they have plenty of room for us to run wild.  We always have fun at Tammy's house.  We were so glad that her friend Jody could join us.  Jonathan enjoyed Jody's son TJ and one of TJ's buddies.  We all enjoy TJ.  He talks with a slow East Texas accent combined with a little bit of a speech impediment.  But, it's not just his adorable voice that gets you.  He is honest.  For instance there was a love connection between my cousin's male dog and my Auntie Jan's dog.  TJ announced in his cute little drawl,"That one dawg is humpin' that other dawg."  There was no excitement in his voice.  It was just a statement.  We laughed and laughed.  It would not have been funny if Jonathan had said that, because he would have been in serious trouble.  But, it was too funny when TJ said it!

I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we all had a blast.  Our little family was long overdue for a family get together.  Our last one was Aunt Judy's funeral the day before Thanksgiving.  We had Tammy's family join us for Christmas, but the entire group did not gather.  It was nice to finally be together.  We needed to relax, laugh and play!

No comments: