Thursday, August 19, 2010

Summer Nights

I love our fair city.  During the summer months, we have Movies on the Square.  They have a huge inflatable screen that they set up right in front of the city hall/library.  Back in June, we headed out to see Grease - The Singalong.  I was so excited to spend my Friday night singing along to one of my favorite movies.  Our friends, Abie and Stacey joined us.

I was really excited for Jonathan to watch the movie.  I thought for sure that he would love it.  However, in true Jonathan fashion, he fell asleep before the opening credits were over! 
Jess didn't go with us.  Her reason for staying at home on a Friday night?  "I don't watch movies from YOUR era!"  I would be offended, but I know that without a doubt that I deserve it.  You can ask my parents!  I always asked my dad to tell me about the "olden days."  So, you see, I now have to pay for my earlier crimes.  One day, Jessie will want to take her daughter to a High School Musical Singalong.  And, my granddaughter will make fun of Jessie.  And, she too will have to pay for her teenage crimes.  Sweet justice!
I would like to state for the record that this movie is not really from my era.  I was just a little girl when it was released in movie theaters.

No comments: