Saturday, August 21, 2010

Hiking Adventure

Several weeks ago, I set out all by myself on a hiking adventure.  Little Elm boasted of their lake view hiking trail.  I thought it sounded like a grand time.  So, I got all gussied up in my hiking attire.  Grabbed a water bottle, and wore my awesome little trail shoes.  Oh, how I love my trail shoes.
I easily found the trail head to the Cottonwood Trail.  Turns out you exit the trail the same way that you enter.  There was no map, but there is absolutely no way you can get lost.  The land was flat, and it seemed to me that it was really a "no mow" area with the trail being a big wide strip of mowed grass.  You walk (hike is being too generous) to the lake.  Then you turn around and head back the way you came.  It was hot and in the open sun, but it was nice change of pace.  I think I'm going to wait until the fall when it cools down, and I'm going to take my bike.  I haven't taken my bike off-road, and I think this will be the perfect place to try. 
At the time, it seemed like a failed attempt at adventure.  In hindsight, it was nice afternoon, and I would do it all again.

No comments: