Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Not Forgotten

On the way home, we stopped at Bethlehem Cemetery.  This cemetery is in Gurdon, Arkansas and is where most of my dad's family is buried.  This place is near and dear to my heart. 
My Granny died just four days after my 16th birthday.  I remember being devestated.  For a long time, I didn't want to visit her grave.  Once I got over that sadness, it became a special place to me.
Granny's only daughter died at the age of 12.  As you can imagine, that experience effected her deeply.  Being her only granddaughter, I was royally spoiled.  Side note:  I have no idea why they spelled her name Forthmon.
Baby Forthman
I have asked my parents where they want to be buried.  They can't seem to agree.  I think Dad wants to be buried here with his family.  One problem... there is no room for Mom!  There is only one spot left in the family plot!

You might have noticed that my grandmother's name is Jessie Belle.  Yes, my daughter is named after her.  I never thought we would call her Jessie, though.  I thought she would only be known as Jessica.  The Jessie thing just evolved when she was a baby, but seems very fitting.

My grandfather's name is John Henry, but he went by Henry.  Jonathan wasn't officially named after him.  Fred just picked the name, because he liked it.  However, I think that it is still a nice tribute to him.

No comments: