Saturday, August 21, 2010

Six Flags Over Texas

While Jessica was visiting Grandma and PawPaw Larry, we siezed the opportunity to use Jonathan's free ticket to Six Flags.  Jessica is not the adventurous sort.  She doesn't like roller coasters, which means that I end up sitting out with her.  All the while, the boys are riding roller coasters and having fun.  This year, I got to join in on the fun!  Jonathan enjoyed riding Flashback, Shock Wave, Judge Roy Scream, Runaway Mine Train, Mini Mine Train, the bobsled, and all the water rides.  Judge Roy Scream and Runaway Mine Train were his two favorites. 

My all time favorite ride EVER is the Judge Roy Scream.  I have fond memories of riding that with my  friends in middle school and high school.  That being said, I have to say that my beloved Judge Roy Scream disappointed me a little.  It seemed to be a much rougher ride than before.  In fact, Fred refused ride it the second time around.  He sat out, while Jonathan and I made a second trip.

Jonathan's method of riding was priceless.  He curled up in a ball and held tight to the lap bar.  His head was always tucked down, and he refused to watch the scenery.  Then, as the ride would start coming to a halt, he would pop his head up, raise his arms  and shout "Yeah, that ROCKED!"  I think Fred might have been slighly embarassed and ashamed of his offspring.

No comments: