Saturday, March 28, 2009

That Was Easy

When it gets close to bedtime, I do a walk-thru taking care of miscellaneous things that wouldn't get done otherwise. I turn the light off on the fish tank. Check to make sure the doors are locked. Open Jessie's bedroom door so the cat can escape (Jess likes to fall asleep with the cat in her room.) And, check Jonathan's room to make sure that the lights are off and he is covered up in his bed.

Tonight I was shocked to find Jonathan asleep in his toy box. Judging by the pillows and the blankets, he planned to sleep there. There was a booby trap of cars and action figures around the toy box. He apparently had to remove some of the hard plastic items for sleeping purposes. When I couldn't get him lifted up out of the toy box, I had to wake him. He was very groggy, so I explained that he was stuck in the toy box and he needed to let me help him. He grumbled that he was not stuck and then arched his back before dropping back down in the toy box.

Jonathan has an Easy Button from Staples. Mom got it for him several years ago, when he was convinced that it would help him clean his room. As I was getting him pulled out of the toy box, we accidentally hit the easy button and it announced "That was Easy!" I can, without a doubt, tell you that it was NOT easy getting a sleeping 9 year old out of a toy box and into his bed! Was it really my idea to buy him a new mattress last November? Obviously, we wasted our money!

No comments: