Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Popcorn Popping

As spring approaches each year, the kids and I get excited to see the blooms on our Bradford Pear. Our tree is in the backyard, so we usually notice those first blooms as we are driving down our alley. The first person to notice the blooms begins singing the primary song, Popcorn Popping. Then, everyone else joins in to sing this favorite song.

This year, I was the first one to see the blooms. Jonathan and I began to sing:

I looked out the window and what did I see?
Popcorn popping on the apricot tree.
Spring has brought me such a nice surprise,
Blossoms popping right before my eyes.

As we continued on with the song, Jessie rolled her eyes and said, "Oh, Mama!" I guess she has outgrown our little tradition. At least Jonathan still sings with me. Unfortunately, he and I can't carry a tune. We really need Jess' vocal talent to cover up our blunders.

1 comment:

Regina said...

I remember when we looked for signs of spring. You later confessed that you were actually looking for a sign that had SPRING printed on it!