Thursday, October 29, 2015

My Little Basket


Every month I put together a little Personal Progress Motivator for our Young Women.  Now, I don't know that these little motivators send them running home to work on their Personal Progress, but they sure are fun and they seem to enjoy them.  I love making them and they love receiving them.  It's like a Win-Win set-up we've got going here.


I try to make it cheesy and funny, but give them something they enjoy. Ramen noodles, potato chips and Swedish Fish seemed to be the favorites.


The all-time favorite?  Flair Pens!  Flair Pens are the way to a Young Woman's (or not-so young woman's) heart.  They loved their Flair Pens and were so excited when there was enough left to send the basket around twice for a second pen.


This week's treat was simply a Halloween treat, but it was prepared with love!


I stuffed all my little candies into my basket and was thinking that I sure do need to get a bigger basket.  It occurred to me that I received this basket as a wedding gift from my Mom's very best friend, Evelyn.  These projects would have been right up her alley.  She loved a good project and spent so much time meticulously trimming and cutting to make everything perfect.  

I am planning and preparing our Young Women in Excellence and I am in the home stretch.  I am down to the decorating part.  I sure could use Evelyn's expertise right about now!  I feel like I could have given her my theme and she would have had a million ideas to help me tie it all together.

My mom and Evelyn were quite the pair.  They turned class parties into solid gold-- long before Pinterest. 

I wish my kids could have known the greatness of this duo-- Calhoun and Forthman!  I think they were a force to be reckoned with.

No comments: