Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Butt Cake



We celebrated Fred's birthday with dinner at Chili's and a "Nothing Bundt Cakes."

For someone who can be so coordinated with most everyone else's birthdays, I woke up and realized that I had nothing for my own husband.  October 12th just snuck up on me!

We took him to Chili's (at his request) for dinner.  They were SEVEN orders behind.  I had decided to splurge and get my all time favorite sandwich ever, the Grilled Chicken Sandwich.  It is usually so good and the only place that makes one better is Cafe Express and I haven't had that since our office was over on Midway and Keller Springs-- so that was like 10 years ago. (This post just went off course, somehow.)

When they finally brought our order out to us my sandwich was room temperature.  The plate was piping hot, but the food was not.  It made a big difference in the enjoyment of my dinner, let me tell you.  Fred and Jonathan enjoyed there hamburgers.  And, I believe that we had been waiting on Jessie's veggie fajitas.  I was so very sad. 

When we finally made it home... you know after waiting for what seemed like hours for our dinner... we celebrated with a "Nothing Bundt Cakes."  Well, everyone except for Jonathan.  Jonathan and I are not big cake eaters.  He said that he wasn't eating a "butt" cake.  Even though I generally, don't enjoy cakes, I have to say that I did enjoy this particular cake. It did seem to ease the sting of my really bad dinner.  Score 1 for me!

I still owe Fred a much better celebration, but at least I redeemed myself with the Butt Cake!

No comments: