Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Yeehaw


Well, we finally celebrated Fred's birthday.  It took a couple of weeks, but we did it.  I think it is the first year we've celebrated it in FOREVER.  I blame it on him, actually.  On his 40th birthday, HE planned a camp out with his Boy Scouts.  Last year, I think he was either camping or we were at a football game-- or both.  This year was football games and marching competitions.  But, we finally got it celebrated!

We went to Texas Roadhouse with our good friends the Moffitts and Palmers last Friday.  I'm so glad that he picked Texas Roadhouse (or maybe we picked it for him, because he was indecisive).  Most of us used it as an opportunity to splurge.  I was mostly speaking of the delicious fillet that I had, but I think it could also be said of the chicken fried steak that took up an entire plate (and then some) that Tony ordered. We won't even talk about all of the food that Jonathan put away.  I think it was just 2 years ago that I had to beg him to eat.  Guess those days are gone!

 I signed us all up for coupons so that we could get free appetizers (sometimes I think ahead).  I think we should all go out on all the restaurant websites and figure out what we can find for free.  This might be my new hobby.

  We capped the evening off with big fluffy cupcakes from Smallcakes.  Let me say that they weren't small by any means.  And, again, I was thinking ahead and brought take-home boxes for the cupcakes and we all brought our cupcakes home.  I had the strawberry cupcake.  It was amazing.   I don't really like cupcakes.  I just ate the cake and threw away a mound of frosting.  Fred said that was wasteful and that I threw away the best part.  I beg to differ.

I am especially glad that we went to Texas Roadhouse, because I couldn't live another moment without this picture of Fred on the bull.  He was so close to me that I couldn't really get a good picture, but it still makes my day. 

 What a fun night!  So thankful for great friends that braved the rain and  helped celebrate Fred's 43rd birthday.  I love Fred and I love the Moffitts and Palmers!

No comments: