Monday, October 5, 2015

I've Done Gone and Broke My Blog

So.... I broke my blog on Friday.  It's a true story.  I was inspired to change out the background, so I went to the Internet and found a free template.  The only thing required of me was to copy in some html code, which I know nothing about.  Seems the Blogger has changed a little since 2008, when I jumped on board the blogging train and it seems to have really changed since the last time I changed my background.

I managed to get lost in a world of html code, gadgets, widgets and who knows what else.  I was clearly lost!  There was a time when the blogging world was made easy for us "Mommy Bloggers."  I ended up losing my Navigation Bar which allows me to sign in to my blog.  That's a big deal, right?  My blog was adorable, though.  I hunted through the code looking for what the help sites said I needed to delete, so that I could reclaim my precious NavBar.  Couldn't find the jacked up coding anywhere.  However, let's take a step back and remember that I'm in Marketing, but graduated with an HR degree. None of this makes me qualified to decipher html code.  So, I went about it a different way and found another template, that would allow me to access the NavBar.  But, it didn't quite work.  It was from a site that I had been using for years.  Guess, Blogger has changed their format.  So, I ended up using a free background from the Internet along with a template from Blogger to get by for right now.  So, what you see is a big mess on my blog.  I also managed to lose some of my buttons on the side and my labels. (Those items are easiest enough to reclaim though-- I think.)  I'm sure there are more things that I lost and I don't even realize it.  However, I found that precious NavBar!

In the next few days, I'm going to be playing with the background of my blog.  I can't stand this one.  Just can't.  Sorry.  I thought I could, but it's pretty much killing me and there is nothing I can do to get the old template back.  So, I'm sure I'll make a mess out of my blog over the next couple of days. Wish me luck.  I'll die if I kill this blog.  Just die.

Do you think it is a coincidence that I accidentally blew my blog up right around the 1,000th post?

No comments: