Sunday, November 1, 2015

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 1



Day 1 for me is going to be my Halloween recap, because I really am thankful for this time of the year and the fun that starts from Halloween and goes all the way though New Years.

I feel like it is a time to spend with those you hold most dear to you.


We had the best time visiting with each other at the Garstka's house.  It doesn't seem like we get to do that nearly enough!  We even ran into Fred's sister while we were out and about on Halloween night.


Because, I am a good sport and want to be known as the "fun" one, I let Madison paint my hair.  I was truly scared when Madison and Angel came at me with two cans.  I didn't sign on for Angel to paint my hair.  I was a little worried, but it came out in time for church.  There were spots on my scalp that had been sprayed purple.  I thought it might be like that forever, but I shampooed my hair about 4 times with a clarifying shampoo.  The things we do for love!


I feel like this sums up perfectly what life with Madison must be like on a daily basis.  She is fun and crazy.  I like to say that she is a one-woman party.  She comes ready to have fun.


We love her and her sweet sister!  I have maybe one picture of Ally and I together, but I have several pictures of Madison and I.  And, they are always silly!


Our cute little friend, Isabella, was a unicorn.  She and Jessie were both unicorns.  Madison and Ally were of the Super Hero variety.  


I told Ally that we should have all dressed up like Batman and we could match.  I thought she was going to die. No way, could we a) pull it off or b) dress like her.  Almost-16 year olds are so funny.  In the end she didn't go trick or treating with us.  I reminded Angel that Jessie's Sophomore year, she thought she had better plans than to hang out with the family.  Jess chimed in with, "Yeah!  They were no fun!"  So, she promptly came back the next year!


 Jonathan is this blob.  Every year.  He doesn't even try!  He sits with the men and hands out candy.


Angel and I follow behind our teenagers, because trick or treating is still fun!  No matter the age.  Young or no-so-young!


This year we had Isabella in tow.  She scored a dollar and a teddy bear.  It pays to be little and cute.


 We had so much fun and we are thankful for a little Fall Fun with friends.


No comments: