Monday, November 16, 2015

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 16


On November 3, 2007, I took my kids to the temple to visit the grounds.  It was just the three of us and I remember how strong the spirit was as we sat and thought about how special this place is.  We took some sweet pictures that were used on our Christmas card that year.  I'm sure that I treated them to a special lunch or snack on the way home.


On that day, I never dreamed that part of our family would go back on November 16, 2013 to be sealed for eternity.  (Sealing is an ordinance performed in the temple eternally uniting a husband and wife, or children and their parents.)


Of course, I hoped and prayed, but I never really thought it would happen.  Just for the record, it was a hard decision to go forward and be sealed without our sweet, Jessie.


Now, I concentrate my hopes and prayers on Jessie.  I pray that she will come to remember that she is a beautiful daughter of our Heavenly Father.  I pray that she will long to be sealed to our family one day.  


I am thankful that Fred, Jonathan and I were sealed together for all time and eternity on this day two years ago.  I am thankful that all is not lost and Jessie can still have the opportunity to be sealed to us.

No comments: