Wednesday, August 7, 2013

To Market We Go


Our Saturday adventure included a trip to the Frisco Farmers Market, Trader Joe's and Walmart's produce section.  If you haven't been to Trader Joe's, it is worth the trip.  Jess found lots of vegetarian goodness and Fred and I bought lots of non-vegetarian food.  All for a great price.

We have enjoyed peach cobbler, freshly squeezed lemonade, summer squash, cucumber and tomato salad, guacamole and fresh corn (my children love corn-on-the-cob).

We weren't impressed with the farmer's market.  It was mostly peddler's selling their wares rather than fresh fruits and vegetables.  I did buy locally grown squash and cucumbers.  I made sure to support farmers from Nevada (Texas).  Fred laughed at me, but I thought I should help out my hometown peeps.

I don't recommend making your own lemonade. It was delicious, but took a bazillion lemons.  We bought them at Walmart where they were 40 cents each.  They were 19 cents at Trader Joe's, but I didn't think to buy them there.  It took a lot of lemons to make 2 cups of lemon juice.  I'm just saying.  It was so good and we drank it so fast.

I love the summer... summer activities and summer foods.  Can it always be summer?

No comments: