Monday, August 26, 2013

Big Man On Campus


Jonathan headed out the door for 8th grade today.  It is hard to believe!  He didn't really want to make time for 1st day of school pictures.  They really aren't his thing.


He thought I was torturing him or something.  Good grief.  He got his stuff together and jumped on his bike and away he went.  I wanted to yell out to him that he needed to be careful, because all of the crazy moms were going to be on the road this morning.  Instead, I calmly told him that he needed to give himself plenty of time, because there would be extra traffic.  He replied, "I know, Mom.  It's the first day of school."  I guess he knows everything now.  He's in 8th grade!


He has some nice outfits, I promise.  He just chooses to wear t-shirts and basketball shorts.  I asked him about wearing something nicer for his first day of school.  He said he couldn't.  It is too hard for him to ride his bike in his nice shorts.  "And, besides, I'd better save those for picture day."  That is the reasoning of a 13 year old boy.  Better save those nice clothes for picture day, because you can only wear them one time in your life!

You gotta love those brand new teenage boys.  I don't think all their brain cells work.

No comments: